Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Isn't she cute?? We got her yesterday. She is about 3 years old, a shih tzu (mix I think), housetrained, microchipped, etc. Her name is Tiffy, but I don't like that...so we're trying to think of something better. Any suggestions?? TJ likes Betsy, but I dunno. Anyway, she is in dire need of a haircut :)
Saturday, June 25, 2005
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Today was my birthday, so I figured I deserved the day off :)
Overall, it was a good day...a much better day than I expected. It started at 6am, with TJ singing me happy birthday. Back to sleep for an hour, before my granny called to wish me a happy birthday. Check email...a digi card from Anders. Went to work. Co-worker Karen brings me a cute vase of purple daisies and another purple flower--such a sweet gesture that definitely made my day! The day progresses thru the afternoon...office door opens around 3:30. TJ pops his head in and I smile BIG! THEN, he pops his hand in with a HUGE VASE of flowers--lillies, daisies, carnations, roses, an absolutely gorgeous fresh mix!! He also brought me an iPod! No, its not pink, but it'll do ;) What a sweet husband I have!! (pictures to come soon)
Also this morning--an awesome tag for me from Emily on 2ps wishing me a happy birthday, and my own happy birthday thread there, PLUS a thread on my Scrapchat board sending well wishes!! Midway thru the day--I get an email from Paperkuts. Requesting 2 of my layouts for the finalist section of the power book (hooray!) AND another layout for the Pet Friendly idea book. Definitely sweetened my birthday a LOT! :) That is $75 to bank into the "saving for digi SLR fund." Trying to get enough saved up before our cruise!
I got home, and have 4 cards--one from my mom, one from my dad, one from my brother (signed "Love, Jake" haha), and one from my in-laws. A package--a little Longaberger from my mommy, and a UPS "delivery attempt." They will be back tomorrow I guess to try to deliver the item...a sewing machine from my mom and dad! Yippee!
Now, this is the part of the story when I divulge a little secret...a rather embarassing one, at that. You see, I am now 22 years old...and I have never used a sewing machine in my life. Yes, point and laugh all you want! I will become schooled in the art of sewing. I'm just not a hundred percent sure who is going to teach me! It can't be *that* hard, right?!
I had to work over today with our move and all, but thats alright...I'm still paid hourly, so it works ;) AND I got to "babysit" my boss' adorable little yorkie today...yeah, I wanted to bring her home!
It was a good day, even though I worried my birthday would suck. It just isn't the same when you're away from so many people you love, but my famiy definitely expressed their love for me today through cards, phone calls, and mail. Love you hubby, love you family, love you friends! :)
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
I didn't work out today, unless you count vacuuming. Hopefully I will tomorrow.
Today at work, I felt like I was losing my mind. The phone, ringing off the hook, trying to pack boxes, label furniture, and not lose my sh** with a fellow co-worker who can't answer the telephone even though she conveniently has one right there on her desk. And then, I'm so excited to get off work and come home, and again lose my mind in the parking lot when these stupid kids just walk right out in front of my car, then stare at me. It sounds to me like thats a good way to get ran over? Just a wild guess here!
I feel better now :)
Tomorrow is my birthday. I plan to drink some beer and eat really fattening cheesecake.
Monday, June 20, 2005
Played raquetball for the first time ever with TJ last night. Needless to say, I'm no star or anything! My arms are really sore today. I had no idea it would be such a workout, but I was definitely sweating. He assures me that I'm not *that* bad, but he is my husband so it is his obligation to stroke my ego :)
My birthday is in 2 days! Wee!
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...and say I bet it won't be much fun! Why? Well, I hafta work, and TJ has a biga** test on Friday so he has to study bunches this week. *Sigh*
Thursday, June 16, 2005
I left around 5:45 am on Wednesday and started out for Nashville. Boy did that drive suck! :p Got there before 2, shopped a little with my friend Gwen, and then she and I went to check into the hotel before some other friends needed picking up at the airport. While we're in line, her mother calls and tells her that her father had a heart attack and coronary bypass that afternoon! Oh no! So that definitely sucked, but her dad told her not to come home, and he left the hospital before we left Nashville. He's doing very well! Yay for Gwen's Dad! :)
Thursday morning, I slept in a bit. My SEI album workshop was not until 12:15. Well, I'm waiting in the Heidi Swapp line with my friend Kathleen and 12:15 rolls around. We decide to just continue waiting in line because we're almost there. The demo was awesome (we got a 9x9 album! we foam stamped the spine and added some ribbons,not to mention I got her john hancock on the inside) and I'm so glad I stayed, because I won a coveted pink flower!! My ticket to Heidi's secret, unadvertised class later that night!! Wooo!! Kat had not won a flower, but a sweet friend won a bloom for her later in the day! So, we got to go to the class together, and wow--SO awesome! Heidi Swapp is like, the nicest, coolest person ever! I am so glad I met her! In her class that night, Kat and I were 2 of the last people in the room, and - how awesome is this - Heidi let us look at her handwriting book!!! I will def'ly be buying that puppy! Got some cool Heidi stuff too...it was my first Heidi swapp product ever! She is just so nice, I really just can't get over it. Definitely the highlight of my cku experience! Plus, she has great hair...I'd love to have hair like that, but I could never pull that off! It has definitely put me on a "wantin funky hair" kick!
Ok, more about CKU Product Demo day! I also was lucky to meet Tim Holtz--what a cutie pie!! Not only was he adorable, but he was super sweet...AND he taught us how to use the Adirondack Alcohol Inks! I was so glad for that, because I have some, yet had no clue how to use them! Now I know! We made a really cool pendant necklace and my pal Gwen and I got our pic with Tim! Wished after the fact that I had taken more interest in signing up for one of his classes!! If you click on the pic to the left and go to the full size version, you can see our necklaces a little better :)
Absolutely, positively LOVED my class by Hero Arts! Unfortunately, I was only able to get into one of those classes (2 were being offered), but I still learned lots about stamping that I didn't know before. Tracy Kyle and Jennifer McGuire are definitely adorable and great at what they do! Their class definitely gave me more excitement and made me eager to use more stamping in my scrapbooks and not just on cards!
I had a LOT of fun, and believe me, what they say is true--you really do need an extra suitcase to bring home all the stuff!! No kidding!! I brought home a LOAD!! All but one of my classes was really good, and I really don't want to say which one it was on here, but I will say it really surprised me. I really like this company's product, and I was quite shocked with their class--I just didn't learn a thing! :( Oh well! Better luck next time!!
I have more pix, but I am at work right now (oops!!!) and can't "get to them" so they'll have to wait! Remember--if you have any questions about CKU, just ask!! :)
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Monday, June 13, 2005
Tuesday, June 7, 2005
(see link at right)
1. Tell me something obvious about you.
I obviously like scrapbooking. I'm leaving for CKU tomorrow :)
2. Tell me something about you that many don’t know.
I have had 3 blood transfusions.
3. What is your biggest fear?
Not being able to have children.
4. Do you normally go the safe route or take the short cut?
I usually go the safer route.
5. Name one thing you want that you can’t buy with money.
Physical fitness! It takes self-discipline, which unfortunately gym memberships and healthy foods cannot provide.
6. What is your most treasured possession?
My engagement ring.
7. What is the one thing you hate most about yourself that you do often?
8. Tell me something sexually about you that I don’t know.
No thanks ;)
9. Tell me something sexually about you that everyone knows.
I *heart* Navy nerds :)
10. What is your favorite lie to tell?
Favorite? I don't particularly LIKE to lie, but the one I tell most often is: (at work) "I'm sorry but she is unavailable right now."
11. Name something you’ve done once that you can’t wait to do again.
I can't think of many things I've only done once....so I'll say go to Hawaii!
12. Are you the jealous type?
I can be, but I try really hard.
13. What is the one person, place or thing you can’t say no to?
My little cousin Weston. Its just SO hard!
14. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
There are so many things that could go here!!
15. If you could do something crazy right now, what would it be?
Go skinny dippin with my hubby! hehe
16. When was the last time you cried?
Hmm...that would be last week.
17. When was the last time you felt so good that nothing else mattered?
A few moments ago when TJ hugged me, kissed me, and said I love you :)
18. Do you feel comfortable in public with no shirt on?
Clearly a man wrote this survey.
Obviously the answer is NO.
19. Name something embarrassing you did while being drunk.
Sang a song to my husbands friends, which I had "re-written" with some obscene language (about my husband). Woops!
20. If you post this in your journal would you like me to answer it?Duh :)
Sunday, June 5, 2005
Hating that white pen now that it is already on there argh!
Not so happy with this one...feels like its just thrown together. It really is straight IRL, but didn't scan so great. Anyway, I'm hoping to get some mojo back at CKU this week!! I just realized I hadn't mentioned much about that...but on Wednesday I'm headed to CKU-M in Nashville. Here's to lots of good scrappin :)
Friday, June 3, 2005
A few days ago, I came home from a crummy day to find a box on my doormat. I saw the label (just g designs) and a smile immediately spread across my face. I knew what was inside. I just wasn't sure who it was from.
"Love, Rosemary and Andrea"
An even bigger smile. Luv my friends :)
Decided to make a list...a list of things I'm sitting, waiting, and wishing for. Kind of inspired by the song, kind of inspired by the list Kelly made.
- The rain to stop. I think I moved to Seattle and someone failed to give me the memo.
- A cute little dog...preferably a Shih Tzu. I can't decide.
- Our cruise.
- A PINK mini iPod. Nichole, don't even try and rub it in my face.
- To get my scrappin' groove back!
- my order from 2ps that I placed today (only $26!!)
- To get my butt in shape (which certainly won't happen sitting in this chair).
- My next massage (date to be determined at later time)
- A new camera and photography lessons :)
- To get some great, scrappable pictures
- Some kind of life-altering epiphany that will make everything just grand!
I feel like I'm at such a weird point right now...like I'm driving a car, but don't really have a set destination in mind at the moment. Just driving, driving, driving. Uncertainty really BUGS me. So at least I have some wishful thinking to distract me...right?
Wednesday, June 1, 2005
- My car broke down on the way to work yesterday morning. It just *so* happens that I had forgotten my cell phone at home. Lucky for me, my apartment was just a short walk away...across 6 lanes of traffic, wearing heels. I was an hour and a half late for work.
- I tried to buy a journal last night, and the only one I liked in the store was on a shelf where I couldn't reach. Five-foot-three is a nice height, except for "reaching" and getting pants that fit well.
- Today I overslept for work. I woke up only when my generous co-worker Carley called me at 8:40, 10 minutes after I should have been *at* work.
- Bright point: I had lunch (Cracker Barrell) on the company today. Score :)
- I've seen my husband for a total of ten minutes today, and very little yesterday. Heat Transfer has taken precedence the last few days. Argh.
You know what, though?? I just ate some brownies and am watching Sex and the City. Things are gonna be okay, folks! :)