1. When was the last time you went to the bathroom outside? I honestly cannot remember!
2. When was the last time you saw one of your parents? I last saw my mom in April, my dad in February :(
3. Which family member do you most resemble? I look a lot like my Mom did when she was younger.
4. Do you wear cologne/perfume? Yep! I rotate but just about all of them are Victoria's Secret.
5. Do you wear deodorant? YES!
6. Do you ‘clean up nice’? I HOPE :)
7. When was the last time you tripped and fell? If you know me, you know I'm clumsy...*rolls eyes*
8. where was the last place you slept besides your home? Nashville, I think?
9. What are you listening to right now? The tv.
10. Have you ever started an uncontrollable fire? Thank goodness, no.
11. Ever run out of gas on the road? On the road, no...in my apartment parking lot, YES.
12. Would you rather cut the grass or rake the leaves? Neither...I am sooo allergic to grass.
13. Your name spelled backwards. LLIJ.
14. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? a picture attached to email?
15. Last time you swam in a pool. Couple weeks ago...
16. Have you ever been in a school play? Yesss...9th and 10th grade.
17. How many kids do you want? 2 or 3.
18. Type of music you dislike most? Muzak.
19. Are you registered to vote? Yes.
20. Do you have cable? Yes.
21. Ever prank call anybody? Not in a looong time.
22. Best friends? I'm not good at "ranking" my friends :(
23. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? I'd like to but I'm really scared!
24. Do you have a garden? Noo. I don't even have my own yard!
25. What’s your favorite comic strip? Don't have a favorite.
26. Bath or Shower, morning or night? Shower in the morning...
27. Best movie you’ve seen in the past month? Fantastic Four
28. Favorite pizza topping? CHEESE!
29. Chips or popcorn? Chips..cool ranch doritos..yum.
30. What color lipstick do you usually wear? either a pinkish or a nude...but always lip gloss!
31. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? No.
32. Orange Juice or apple? Orange.
33. Favorite type of chocolate bar? Snickers.
34. When was the last time you voted at the polls? this past fall election
35. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? I do not know.
36. Are you a good cook? When I cook, I usually go a pretty good job :)
37. Ever order anything from an infomercial? Yes, but then I cancelled.
38. Sprite or 7-up? Sprite.
39. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? Yes...Applebee's.
40. Ever thrown up in public? Sadly, yes...but not in awhile.
41. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? Well I'm already married so I think I'd pick the millions ;)
42. Do you believe in love at first sight? I don't think so.
43. Can ex’s be friends? Yes...but it takes time.
44. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? Trista and baby Bryce :)
45. Did you have a lot of hair as a baby? No. In fact, I was bald for a long time.
46. What message is on your answering machine? "You've reached the Barnetts. Please leave a message and we will return your call." BORING :)
47. What do you think about most? Going back to college, missing home, how freakin HOT it is, my doggie Lilly, when TJ will get home from school, etc....
Sunday, July 31, 2005
1. When was the last time you went to the bathroom outside? I honestly cannot remember!
Friday, July 29, 2005
Overall, the hair has gotten a nice response. I got a jaw-drop from TJ, but he says it was a good one. I've gotten lots of compliments from people in the office and from you readers, of course :) 3 days later, I'm still feeling good about it. It is just so hard to get used to swinging my head around and nothing being there, so strange to wash it and use so much less shampoo...you know what I mean, I'm sure! :)
Last night we had our open house at work...an event we've been working on and stressing out over for weeks! Today, I am very very tired, but also relieved the event went well. I'm so glad it is Friday! Right now I feel as though I could sleep all weekend. I've had this annoying cough for almost a week now. Its so weird--my throat doesn't hurt/isn't sore, but it is a dry scratchy cough. I've had lots of congestion, but my cough is not productive...mostly just aggravating! Blah.
Played a bit with a D70 last night...my boss' husbands. I am dying, now, to hurry up and get my own digital SLR!! Must get it soon! eek! I'm also dying to place a bunch of orders for some new scrappy stuff! I know I can't just yet tho! boohoo :(
Ok, enough whiny boo-hoo'ing. I better get to work.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Ok, firstly, I'd like to end all speculation: I am not pregnant! Nice guesses, but not the right one :)
I did, however, go for a big whack today. I cut off about 5 inches of hair and added some highlights! This was a very brave move for me. I have not cut my hair this short or that much in a very long time! I'm always so afraid to do anything drastic!
So yea, I know, not the most exciting surprise...but fun for me, nonetheless :)
Monday, July 25, 2005
Sunday, July 24, 2005
Sometimes, you must take matters into your own hands.
This morning, I woke up around 8 with a killer headache and tons of congestion. Having taken some medicine before bed that obviously didn't help, I was a lil mad. Took 2 tylenol, a claritin, and a swig of NyQuil. Now, I realize I sound like a druggie at this point, but I finally fell asleep and woke up around 2 feeling better :) Like I said, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.
I've been seriously unproductive this weekend. Need to get up and get some stuff done.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
-I think about Lilly while I am at work.
-I rush hope to see her and play with her.
-I don't want to go places that I'd normally rush off to because I can't take her (like walmart for one little thing, or Target just to walk around)
-I tell my parents and in laws all about her via phone or email.
I think I've fallen off my rocker! She's just so darned cute and so full of personality, I can't help it :) Getting her was a fabulous decision...and birthday present. Not sure if I ever posted this, but I ended up taking the ipod back and getting Lilly. Now, I know you're probably gasping at me, but ok...the iPod wasn't pink (stupid of me, yes I know), and at the time I just really wasn't feeling like dealing with finding other sources (in addition to itunes) to download music. I'll get a pink ipod another day. For now I'll just settle for Lilly's pink collar ;)
Ok, so I'll seriously stop talking about my dog for now. I am still reading thru Order of the Phoenix and have yet to start Half Blood Prince. I'm DYING to peek into a spoiler thread somewhere...because I have this thing, I hate not knowing something and being out of the loop. I'll try to be good, seriously. Do NOT post here and tell me what happens. Rosemary Waits will find you and beat you to a bloody pulp ;)
Like most women, I love to shop. About 2 weeks ago, I bought a totally cute shirt at LOFT (posted it remember) but needed to find a skirt to match. Looked & looked, found nothing. Last night, I was determined. I walked and searched the mall for a good hour and a half, until I finally found something. Never in my entire life would I have imagined I would be wishing a LARGER size fit me. A skirt I wanted wasn't in my size...but one size larger. The whole way to the dressing room, I'm thinking, please let this fit me, please let this fit me. Well, it didn't, and frankly, I don't even think I could have made it fit and look good. It just wasn't good design. It looked like I'd stepped into a poorly made curtain. I finally found a skirt, in my size, that was similar but better. I paid too much for it. Yesterday, I hated shopping. I nearly ran to the car. (on the bright side, I got compliments on it today)
I'm writing about totally random, useless stuff. Really, I'm jealous I was unable to attend CHA, have no cool CHA pix to share here, and am writing junk in a desperate attempt to keep the cool people coming to my blog :p Aren't I clever?
And a final thought for the day...in lieu of lots of meanness I've witnessed lately:
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Today we got our orders to stay in Charleston for Prototype. Yippee!! Did not want to spend the winter in upstate New York, thats for sure, and definitely didn't want to move in September. If there were still a subbase in Charleston, I'd be perfectly content to stay here forever...(just not in this apartment). Perfectly content means I still get to gripe about all the bugbites.
And speaking of bugbites, that is the one downside to having a dog. I have so many mosquito/bug bites right now that it is ridiculous. Seriously, I need to wear full garb when I take Lilly outside...but of course, I cannot do that, since it is about 92 degrees and sticky. It had better not rain on Saturday...because I hope to take advantage of the beach! So besides the bug bites, I love having Lilly. She is so funny, so loving, and so darn cute! I just love her :)
Lilly brings me to the next topic. Miss Lilly and I are on a layout up to be featured in Memory Makers pet idea book, coming in January 06. Yay!! Karen let me know today that they'd be using the layout. I've never been pubbed by Memory Makers before, so it is exciting! It may have given me a push to work on an MMM entry, but I am still on the fence.
This week I have not been doing well with my goal of saving $50 for the "digital rebel fund." See, for the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to save $50/week for the rebel. So far, I have about $356. I had hoped to somehow save quickly enough to buy the Rebel before our vacation, but my current situation is not working out. I'll have to make some cuts somewhere :p Or maybe my hubby will just be really nice to me? I think thats how I got the dog though...hmm. Any ideas? Anyone?
Saturday, July 9, 2005
Not much interesting to say today...so I won't bore you with random blah. Instead, I'm going to pull a page from Lindsay Teague's playbook and give you a little bit of the facts.
- Saw Fantastic Four last night with TJ and his buddy Steve. Good movie, but the theater reeked of urine, making the whole experience slightly less enjoyable. Yuck.
- This week, I won a free, hour-long massage. Woohoo!!! Can't wait to use that later this month!!
- Cannot locate the Simple Schemes special issue in any store!!! Grr!! Having not received my complimentary copy in the mail as of yet, this really irritates me. I need this NOW! (yeah, I'm a little impatient, deal with it)
- I was planning to take my girl Lilly to the park today for a nice long walk, but considering it is a downpour outside, I think we'll be staying inside. She doesn't mind the rain, but of course, I do.
- It is 2:20 pm and I'm still wearing my pajamas. LOVE it :)
- I really need some Pigment Pro pens by American Crafts--again, can't find em anywhere. Making me crazy. Help!
That's enough for today, I think. Enjoy your Saturday!! :)
Thursday, July 7, 2005
I think I'm losing blog readers because lately a) I've been boring and b) I haven't been updating often enough! I need to spice it up!! Trying to think of funny stories....or something?
So far this year, every time I've swam has either been at the beach or at the base pool...never in our apartment pool. Mostly that is because we live in the ghetto (I ain't kiddin). Honestly, I'd never even walked up to the pool here, as it is behind a fence. A couple days ago, as I was walking the dog, I tried to get in the pool gate and it was locked. Peeked in, and found out exactly why it was locked. The pool was - kid you not - pond water green. Infuriated, of course, and disgusted....I can't wait to get out of this dump. Although I'm thankful I do have a place to live, I will be the first to tell you that it sucks. UGH.
Sending hugs to....Rosemary (who is reading her brains out prepping for HP), Traci (who is worrying like crazy and experiencing nausea that will knock you on your a** and make you late for work), Nichole (who is stressing over school), and many others :)
**Edited: How can anyone say my dog is not the cutest ever?! I'm obsessed. She's a doll :)
Saturday, July 2, 2005
- loving, loving, loving my doggie...we decided upon a name for her--Lilly. She seems to like it, and I think it fits her perfectly :)
- TJ's parents and sister are in town...been having a nice time with them. They've also fallen in love with Lilly...but who could resist that sweet face? TJ and his sis have been having some intense Game Cube battles, ha!
- Have done a lot of good shopping this weekend...yippee! Unfortunately, I seem to have bought random articles of clothing, none of which really go together.
- Hit up TJ Maxx later today for some great bargains...Roxy swimsuit--$20, American Eagle jeans--$18, Abercrombie "tart lemonade" tee--$13, and my fave tee of all--"make like an atom and split"--$8. This last tee is so fitting seeing as how my hubby is a nuke :) Oh, how I love to shop! :)
- Did I mention that I got Lilly some bling yesterday? Oh yes, she is now lookin' fly in her hot pink collar with rhinestones!! Picture coming soon!
- Wednesday night, I dropped my camera on the kitchen floor. Broke the TINIEST, most miniscule piece in an obscure, but obviously important place! grr! A teeny piece that snaps to hold the battery door shut. I was hoping it could be easily solved with a quick trip to Ritz camera. Unfortunately, I was wrong. A replacement battery door cost $79 (not the biggest deal), but the repair is performed "off site" and my camera would be out for 6-8 weeks! THAT, my friends, is the big deal. I went to Target and bought Krazy Glue. So far, it is fine, but I will let you know how it works out :)
- Speaking of cameras--this weekend I receieved another $100 to add to my digital rebel fund. Yippee! I'm on my way! I think I need to put some stuff on ebay to add to the fund!
Ok, thats enough crap for now! Have a great rest of the weekend!