Happy New Year, bloggies! I cannot believe it is 2012. Do you remember a time when the year 2012 seemed sooooo far away? Yeah, that. It'll take me another
three month s to stop writing 2011.
Let's look back at this post and see what I had "hoped" for in 2011...
- I want to exercise regularly
- I want to finally clean up my "junky" room.
- I want to decorate/buy furniture for my "formal" living room
- I want to find, buy, and install window treatments.
- I want to go to bed at a consistent time.
- I want to hire a cleaning lady.
- I want to decorate my house more. It is kind of plain.
- I want to be a better employee and a better boss, a better wife, a better friend.
- I want to take more pictures.
- I want to find a better skincare routine.
- I want to clean up my foul mouth!
- I want to be more positive.
- Lastly, I want to develop action items or strategies to make these things happen!
Yeah. Perhaps I was too ambitious...(no perhaps about it)
I am not proud to say I've failed at most of these things. Here's what I HAVE done...
-exercised (took me awhile to get started)
-hired a cleaning lady
-go to bed at a fairly consistent time
-decorated my house a bit more (but not the formal living room)
I showed you this picture of my formal living room back in August. It looks exactly the same now. I DID buy a rug, but I returned it. It felt like sandpaper on your feet (good for exfoliation, no?)
Now as for what I call my "junky" room. Yeah...no excuse. I am embarrassed to show you this but maybe it will be a little bit of motivation to do something about it. Yes, I've lived here since September 2009. Out of sight, out of mind, what can I say...
|Looking in from the door|
|Another spectacular view|
Here's what you might notice. It's just a lot of random crap! I did spend about 30 minutes in there yesterday throwing stuff in a trash bag or what have you. Maybe I should try to update you regularly with my photographic evidence/progress of the "junky room."
Obviously I'm lacking on follow through with these goals from last year. So how about some mini-resolutions/mini-goals for the upcoming year?
- Keep up with the exercise (went to the gym yesterday so I'm off to a good start!)
- Consistently take my lunch to work at least 1 day per week (gotta start somewhere)
- CLEAN UP THE JUNKY ROOM!!!! (ok so that one isn't so mini, but it's gotta get done)
- Blog more often (caveat: get a more interesting life so I have blog material ha)
That's it for now peeps. What are you hoping to accomplish in 2012? If you have nothing on the list--come over, I've got something you can help me with ;)