2. TJ recently bought a package of Starbucks Colombian blend coffee. "Smell this," he said. It was kind of funky. He claimed it smelled burnt and tasted terrible. To use his words, he's "not real good at taking things back," so guess who returned the coffee? (YES, HE ASKED ME TO RETURN A PACKAGE OF COFFEE -- embarrassing)
3. While at the store returning said burnt coffee, I told a little girl her sparkly shoes were pretty. Thank you, she said. "Yours are not." I didn't know if I'd heard her correctly, so I asked her to repeat herself. "Yours are not," she said. "Oh. Mine are not pretty?" I asked. "Yes," she said. "They are not sparkly." Hrmph.
4. Last week I did something I thought I'd never do...used a Neti-Pot. If you follow me on Twitter, this isn't necessarily news to you (sorry). It wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. As a child, I had a lot of nosebleeds, and the dr. prescribed me a saltwater nose-spray...ugh. I just hate putting things up my nose. Anyway, I was desperate for relief from sinus pressure so I sucked it up. I have now used it several times and it seems a bit helpful.
5. I'm probably the last person to the party here..but I ate Greek yogurt for the first time yesterday, strawberry Chobani. I was not a fan. It's so thick! I'll still try some recipes with it (cooking wise) but as far as just eating it straight out of the container...probably not gonna happen.
6. We're finally making some progress in our front "formal" living room. Up until this past week, it still looked like this. And yes, this picture was taken in August of last year.
7. We also purchased a tall...vase (?) and some decorative florals. But I didn't end up liking them in the room, and they wouldn't stand up on the carpet. So I put it in the hallway. And shocker, I kinda like it there...so it'll stay there for now.
8. Yesterday I did Zumba for the first time. Some people I work with have been doing it for the past couple of months now, at 4 pm on Monday afternoons. For some reason I'd never participated until yesterday. I was sweating, which to me is an indication of a decent workout. It wasn't like running or doing a full barre class, but it was fun and I was getting a workout in. It is probably something you can do for quite awhile because it is fun (ya know, unlike a Jillian Michaels video where you want to throw something at the television after 30 minutes).
9. I've visited my parents the last two Saturdays in a row. I don't think I could tell you the last time that has happened. They have a pool - it's been "hotter than blue blazes," as my dad would say - and pool means I can stay outside. I can't spend much time indoors there, because they now have cats and I'm super allergic.
10. TJ has got it in his mind that we need to go to Yellowstone next summer. I don't know if you've noticed, but I like the beach. I'm trying not to be a huge downer (refer back to item 6, compromise)...but that is not exactly my idea of a vacation. It sounds hot and sweaty and like a lot of activity. Also, bug bites and strange tan lines. I'm trying to be open minded here, but do you see the conundrum?! :P
Alright, that's all I got for now bloggies! See you soon! :)